Space Heater

Like many, I'm a bit of a procrastinator. I have to keep inventing carrots to dangle in front of myself so I do my work more efficiently. Recently, I've discovered a couple patterns/new carrots that work.


Comfort:

This week, I bought a space heater. I become a comically bitter person in winter. Each morning, I'm repelled back to bed by the hellishly cold world. There are SEVERAL instances of me getting up, performing a few morning tasks and becoming fully sentient and conscious, and then I make the active decision to sabotage my attendance because it's just too cold. My sense of self preservation is too strong.

I've tried to bypass it. The first time I bought a space heater, the entire house smelled of burning plastic. I started choking on carcinogens and had to return it within a week. This time, I bought an oil-filled space heater.



Hallelujah. It's a delicious carrot.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TGXDRNZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details


Aesthetic:

Another fun orange vegetable is acting like you're aesthetic. Study location, materials, apps, really anything that makes studying more "that girl" has been embarrassingly effective.

One of the best environments is CIF. If you study at the back of the CIF classrooms, it's the perfect combination of cleanliness to make you focus and a weird god complex that comes from being able to see everyone else study. 

I'm also going through an iced drinks phase. Coffee, sparkling water, now matcha lattes, anything you see on Pinterest. It's the studying equivalent of a pacifier. The straws redirect all my nervous energy to hydration. It's also got built in breaks from having to pee so much. 

Someone also please get me an ice cube tray. I can't keep stealing them from my neighbors lol.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/TGJOR-Silicone-Flexible-Cocktails-Stackable/dp/B08GFYLDL2/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2JR8QX0DTZZPZ&keywords=ice%2Bcube%2Btray&qid=1670013828&s=home-garden&sprefix=ice%2Bcube%2Btray%2Cgarden%2C94&sr=1-9&th=1 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Cycles with Julia (Huzzah)

We Stan Phoebe (and Similar Siblings)

✨✨ more bad parenting ✨✨